Call FOR PROPOSALS
In recent years, teacher education has undergone significant transformation: Special programs were opened to attract teachers from diverse professional and academic backgrounds in various disciplines; Teacher education is now more practice-based in schools and kindergartens, and teachers’ and teacher educators’ professional knowledge is receiving growing attention. Global processes such as the demand for and the promise of high quality teaching and learning in institutes of higher education, as well as equity and social justice, have all had an impact on teacher education.Other changes are expected in the near future. These recent processes require new and innovative perspectives on teacher education, emanating from research, theory and practice.
We are pleased to invite you to participate in The 7th International Conference of Teacher Education: The Story of Innovation in Teacher Education that will take place from June 24 to June 26, 2019, at The MOFET Institute, in Tel Aviv, israel.
To The Lighthouse (Virginia Woolf)
Ways for recruitment, induction and encouragement of high quality teachers to persevere
Oh, the Places You’ll Go! (Dr. Seuss)
The future of teaching and learning
Man’s Search for Meaning (Viktor Frankl)
Social – Emotional Learning
Education, equity and social justices
Career-long professional learning
Dialogue, partnerships and networks
Leading for change in education and society
Clinical preparation, school-based teacher education
The following categories of submissions will be accepted:
1. Lecture: A 20-minute lecture. Each presenter will be given 15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes
Requests for a joint session of 3-4 papers (symposium) will be accepted. Session acceptance is dependent
on the individual papers being accepted.
2. Poster: Posters describing a research project or a practical initiative will be presented in the poster
session. Each presenter will be given 5 minutes for their poster, followed by a discussion.
3. Discussion panel: Each panel should have three to four participants who will present different positions
on their subject. Each participant will be given 10 minutes to present his/hers position, followed by a discussion
with audience participation.
4. Roundtable: Roundtables aim for audience feedback on ongoing research projects or educational
initiatives. Each roundtable will last 30 minutes, beginning with a 10 minute presentation of a research
study or project, followed by 20 minutes of audience feedback.
5. Workshop, active learning or creative experience: Workshops allow participants to take part
in a creative activity or an active learning experience for acquiring a new skill. One-hour workshops
will be allocated for a short activity and two hours for a longer session.
6. Film(s) or book (s) and discussion: In this session participants will view a film or films, produced by students, communities, organizations or commercially, that raise a question or an educational or social problem. After the film(s), presenters will lead a discussion with the audience. Alternatively, discussions may take the form of a book club.
Relevant proposals on other types of formats may be sent to: email@example.com Please add: “Different Type of Formats: The 7th International Conference on Teacher Education” to the subject line.
- Proposals must be submitted in English
- Prior to submitting proposals, participants must first sign up on the conference website
- Signing up for submission purposes is FREE and does NOT constitute registration for the conference itself.
- Please follow the guidelines in the submission site carefully. Please pay attention to the
criteria for reviewing the submissions.
- After selecting the type of proposal, we recommend saving the file and the relevant guidelines on your personal computer. At the time of submission, you will be asked to send a short abstract for the conference’s abstracts book, in addition to a full description of your proposal.
- Presenters whose proposals are accepted will be required to register for the conference by a specific date in order to confirm their participation.
Extended date for submission: Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Notification of acceptance by: Friday, Febuary 15, 2019
Conference Chairperson: Mr. Eyal Ram, Assistant Director and Director of Teaching Personnel,
Ministry of Education
Academic Chairperson: Dr. Ainat Guberman, Head of the Research Authority, The MOFET Institute